12 Step Recovery Options:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
- Cocaine Anonymous (CA)
- Crystal Meth Anonymous (CMA)
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous(SLAA)
- Co-Dependents Anonymous (CoDA)
- Celebrate Recovery -Faith-based
- Refuge Recovery – Buddhist -based
- Agnostic AA Meetings
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Al-Anon — Family/Friends
- Nar- Anon – Family/Friends
- GaL-AA – LBGTQ
- Eating Disorders Anonymous
- Gamblers Anonymous (GA)
- Infidelity Survivors Anonymous -Women’s Group
- Emotions Anonymous
- Debtors Anonymous
SUD Treatment Centers
- PaRC – Memorial Hermann
- The Last Resort
- Serenity Light
Other Useful Resources:
- Jodie Bergquist, LPC, LCDC
- Ken Gross, LPC
- Merimno – Support Groups
- Prodigal- A Community for Hope
Professionals w/ SUD:
- Chrysalis Counseling – Joanne Ketch, LMFT, LCPC, LCDC, SAP
Specializes in SUD:
- Free Indeed Therapy
Here are some titles that may be of interest:
Alcoholics Anonymous. (2001). Alcoholics anonymous, 4th edition. New York: A.A.World Services
Paths to Recovery: Al-Anon's Steps, Traditions, and Concepts Paths to recovery:
Al-Anons steps, traditions, and concepts. (1997). Virginia Beach, VA: Al-Anon Family Groups. Adult Children of Alcoholics Woititz, J. G. (1990).
Adult children of alcoholics.
Deerfield Beach, Fla: Health Communications. Narcotics Anonymous
Narcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc., 2008.
Man's Search for Meaning
Frankl, V. E. (1984). Man's search for meaning: An introduction to logotherapy. New York: Simon & Schuster.
The Body Keeps Score, Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma van der Kolk, B. A. (2014). The body keeps the score: Brain, mind, and body in the healing of trauma. New York, NY, US: Viking.
The Grief Recovery Handbook
James, J. W., & Friedman, R. (2009). The Grief Recovery Handbook, 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition: The Action Program for Moving Beyond Death, Divorce, and Other Losses including Health, Career, and Faith. New York: Harper Perennial.
Codependent No More & Beyond Codependency
Beattie, M., & Beattie, M. (1992). Codependent no more ; &, Beyond codependency. New York, NY: MJF Books